New month, new goals! Shadow Herald released last month — for real this time. Release dates are supposed to be big deals but I’m taking more of a snowball approach where i’m okay starting off small and just adding more and more LGBTQ+ fiction to my name.
The truth is that unless you already have a massive social media following, you’re not likely to experience a massive reception once your story is out. And depending on your goals, that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Personally, I love the process of writing, designing, and publishing very much, and find the work itself to be rewarding on its own.
Overall, I’m very proud of what I’ve managed to do, and I plan to continue doing more. With that said, let’s see how I did on the goals I set for myself last month;
• Firstly, Shadow Herald is finally published!
• I contacted reviewers. Since this is a self-published project, I didn’t expect to hear back from many of them, but it’s good to try anyway. I did get a lovely reception fro the sapphic book club and from iheartlesfic! Check them out if you’re in the market for sapphic fiction.
• I contributed to Frostbitten Prophet, and did a little tinkering with Mindhive too. The release date for Frostbitten Prophet is tentatively set to May 20th, 2022. Certain parts of the process will be streamlined by my prior experience now, so it seems doable.
This coming month, I aim to;
• Continue working with reviewers and finding ways to put out the word about Shadow Herald and my ensuing stories. I’m stating it explicitly this time, but for the foreseeable future, this is going to be a constant background goal.
• Hunker down and add five more chapters to Frostbitten Prophet.
• Reformat Frostbitten Prophet‘s paperback file in accordance with Shadow Herald‘s final iteration.
• Fiddle with the colors on Frostbitten Prophet‘s cover, since I’m not really feeling the warm tones in the background.
If you’d like to support me as a creator, then you can do so by buying me a Ko-fi or by purchasing Shadow Herald. Thank you, and have a lovely, relaxing, productive month of your own!
One thought on “May Update & June Goals”