New month, new goals as always! Everything I set for February has reached its due date so it’s time to take stock of how I did. As of today, I’ve accomplished most of what I wanted to;
• I’ve obtained a lovely proofreader! Woo! (If you’re also looking for proofreaders, then you can find her website right here.)
• Since Shadow Herald‘s manuscript is still in the process of being proofread, I haven’t been able to complete my overhaul on the ebook and paperback formats, but I’ve been making what little changes and edits that I can. The glossary is looking very nice!
• I also did what I could to update Shadow Herald‘s Goodreads page, which you can look at here if you’re interested.
• The new Amazon pre-order has been all set up as well! You can also look at that if you’d like; I still lament the fact that Amazon only allows pre-order for ebooks. If I could, I’d let people pre-order the paperback too. I objectively make more money from people buying the ebook version, but I’m extremely happy with how I’ve designed the paperback.
• I contributed a little more text to Frostbitten Prophet. Not as much as I was hoping, but I ended up diverting energy into some cover-design projects instead, so I’m not too sad about it.
•As a bonus, you can see that I’ve improved on my website here. I’ve been fixing up my blog too. I’m glad I made myself study HTML last year.
There’s still a lot of ground to cover before Shadow Herald debuts in May, but slowly and surely, I’m getting there. So for next month, I aim to;
• Reformat Shadow Herald‘s final proofread manuscript for both ebook and paperback once I get the proofread back. While I’m at it, I’d like to exercise my recent HTML skills and see if I can improve the ebook! I need more practice with digital book design.
• Put Shadow Herald on the shelves of other sites, such as Barnes & Noble, Apple Books, Kobo Books. Not everyone likes having to buy from Amazon!
• Complete the video ad for Shadow Herald, and experiment with still image ads. (I have a banner ad formatted already! You should be able to see it at the top of the page.)
• Start contacting reviewers.
• And finish a few more chapters in Frostbitten Prophet‘s current draft!
If you’d like to support me as a creator, then you can do so by buying me a Ko-fi. Thank you, and have a lovely, relaxing, productive month of your own!