New month, new goals! Even though my December goals and accomplishments became a bit of a mess, January made up for it by going more smoothly. As of today, I’ve accomplished four-and-a-half out of the five goals I set for myself last month;
• Firstly, I’ve revised my long summary for Shadow Herald, my short summary, and the series summary as a whole. It wasn’t a drastic overhaul, but it helped emphasize the LGBTQ+ aspect of the narrative.
• Secondly, I completed another round of copy-editing thanks to my proof copies and a little dedication with a red pen. On the flip side, I haven’t yet hired an editor for the final proofread. I had a particular editor in mind that I was waiting to get in contact with, but they’re still out of contact, so I’m looking at other options now.
• Thirdly, since I haven’t had Shadow Herald proofread yet, I haven’t been able to overhaul the ebook and physical copies. But, I have been improving them however I can in the meanwhile. There’s some nice ornamentation and a better glossary now!
• Fourthly, I purchased all the ISBNs I’ll need for this publishing project and for all foreseeable ones after that.
• Lastly, I’ve created rough drafts for contacting the reviewers I’ve got my eye on and some blank templates created in case I see more reviewers I want to contact later.
• (And as a bonus, I’ve been experimenting with creating a video ad for Shadow Herald.)
Since January’s been so productive, I hope to carry this energy into February! There’s still a lot that needs to be done before Shadow Herald debuts in May and I don’t want to underestimate the amount of work I have ahead of me this time. So next month, I want to;
• Get Shadow Herald proofread, one way or another.
• Begin updating the ebook and physical copies in accordance with the final proofread.
• Fix Shadow Herald‘s data on GoodReads and all similar sites.
• Set up the new Amazon pre-order for May 20th.
• And finish a few more chapters in Frostbitten Prophet‘s current draft!
If you’d like to support me as a creator, then you can do so by buying me a Ko-fi. Thank you, and have a lovely, productive month of your own!
2 thoughts on “January Update & February Goals”